1959-D DDO - need another opinion

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by PennyRich, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PennyRich

PennyRich Active Member

I did cross reference PCGS myself prior to posting as well, and saw not only the range of varieties, but price as well.

from further examination of the coin and comparing to PCGS’s, I feel it would reach MS66. If you all see anything that would hinder it from reaching that grade, please point it out. I may have missed something.

4. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

the only thing with sending it into pgcs is it will cost you at least $69 for 1yr to be able to submit coins for grading. then 28 x 2 just for shipping to and from 22+ the cost of grading 18+ verity 5+ if you want high res photo== to roughly $170.00 or you can take the coin to your local coin dealer and have them send it in and it will cost you roughly 100.00

PennyRich likes this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Of course this is worthy of a post and it's a true doubled die. I will not attempt to grade this, because as has been said, grading can be subjective. IMHO it is not worth sending to be graded alone. Have patience, sign up to ANACS "Insiders " Club (free) and save up potential coins you deem worthy of being slabbed. They have specials throughout the year, sometimes with minimum amounts of coins for said special. It will save you a lot of money and they are better known for varieties and errors.

PennyRich likes this.
  6. PennyRich

PennyRich Active Member

Okay, thanks. I certainly wouldn’t send just one coin. That seems like a waste.

tommyc03 and Kevin Mader like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted