1959-2017 US Proof Set (mostly not silver)

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by crazyd, Aug 7, 2021.

1. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

Its time to clean out some coins I inherited. Going to use money to buy other coins.

What would be an attractive price for a 1959-2017 Mint set to post on Ebay or elsewhere? Seems like the 1968-2006 are dirt cheap parts of collection.

According to some research I saw the sell price would be around $700. I am wondering it that is too high and $500 would be better to list it at.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have no idea but if you start low you can’t raise the price. If you start high you can always come down.

Have you considered trading them for what you are interested in at your LCS?

crazyd, yakpoo and Garlicus like this.
  4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I've often wondered if coins like yours are more valuable as sealed proof sets or broken apart and sold separately...in folders...by denomination.

5. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

The thought occurred to me but I was lead to believe I could obtain more on Ebay or other direct sell sites for my coins. I suppose I could try a LCS since I looked up the "sell price" online to come up with $700.

6. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

I will be next looking to sell silver sets which I imagine will be easier.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you have a good relationship with them and you respect their opinion you can always discuss selling them through other avenues. Asking your LCS is one thing but you can always say no thanks.

Also remember that CT has a for sale section. Best wishes.

yakpoo and crazyd like this.
  8. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Try selling them here.

crazyd likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted