1958 D Proof Penny - x2

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hagenhomestead, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Hagenhomestead

Hagenhomestead Hospitalized

It's been a while CT Crew, I've been lost in the hillbillies for a while. @paddyman98, I'm still providing my custom high tech phone pics, it's all I have to work with. I know there's an 1958 very rare DD. But take a look at these 2 that I aquired. Are they worth heading down the road to PCGS in Newport Beach to get them slabbed? There looks like a couple DD's on the date, IGWT and S in Pluribus. Regardless, I can try to get you better pics without so much glare. Appreciate the help and have a great Friday everyone.
    @Hookman @lordmarcovan

Attached Files:

Hookman and paddyman98 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

They are not Proof cents, just regular business strike.

I think high AU, as I’m seeing wear on the high points and many scratches.

Worth a buck, maybe. Definitely not grade worthy.

Hookman and Hagenhomestead like this.
  4. Hagenhomestead

I appreciate the reply @FrankieJG, man, they're so pretty looking in person but I'll take the buck and the let down, let the tears begin, LOL. Thanks guys

Hookman likes this.
  5. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Hagen, How ya been? It's good to hear from you again. I hope your kids are doing well.

Yes, those are very nice coins, but for the most part, Hagen, I would have to agree with Triskeles (frankjg).
    Do you remember learning about Deteriorated Die Doubling? That's what this looks like. Worn out dies flattening out the design when it's struck.

Paddy and LM will probably have an opinion as soon as they get your "call".

I'm glad you're still with us, Hagen. Hey, just keep looking, searching, and finding, and by all means, keep posting. You will eventually find something very good. We're happy to check out anything you find.

frankjg and Hagenhomestead like this.
  6. Hagenhomestead

Hey there @Hookman, I appreciate it buddy. It's good to be back. Just been busy working on the farm with my kiddos and looking through some coins during my free time, trying to find a pretty one. They look very nice to me in person and it happens to be my mother's birth year, so I was hoping it was good luck. And I will look up the double die deterioration, that is something I do not remember learning about from you fellows. Thanks again and I will try not to waste your time posting nonsense until I find something good. I always appreciate your honest opinion. you guys are the best. Have a great weekend

Randy Abercrombie and Hookman like this.
  7. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Dude, don't worry about what you post, we're happy to have you participating. You know one of the great things about you Hagen? You are accepting of the opinions these experts give you without arguing that they "must be wrong because....." of some idea the poster has preconceived about the coin he posted.
    Please keep being yourself, my friend, and please don't be a stranger. Drop by anytime, posting or not. Your opinions on what you see others post could be very insightful.
    Thanks Hagen.

Hagenhomestead likes this.
  8. Hagenhomestead

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted