1958-D Double Die...Superior Gem Red!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by aicgsgrading, Jun 15, 2011.

1. aicgsgrading

aicgsgrading Numismatics Professional

Check it out and let me know what you think?...
    1958 D 1C DDO 5000 OBV .jpg 1958 D 1C DDO OBV #5000.jpg #5000 Close Up 1.jpg #5000 Close Up 2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I see machine doubling.

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I don't think that cent is MS 65 or better. Isn't that what makes a coin a gem? Can't be an AU gem.

5. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

6. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

I see the 92 is listed as a doubled die, (also as a 1922,)but I only see machine doubling, and a doubled rim.

7. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

1992 not 1922 , So is this coin worth to be certified or this coin just worth only a couples of dollar?

8. aicgsgrading

aicgsgrading Numismatics Professional

Great eye!... I only asked for opinions.. Thanks!

9. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I don't see any doubling on either of the coins.

tomfiggy likes this.
  10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

MD on both

and it is DoubleD Die

11. donwall57

donwall57 Active Member

It look's pretty but a bit nicked up. Forgive me but this is my first post and I came in yesterday, so, "greetings and howdy" to all. I discovered, "was given" an old coin book that was purchased in 1958 called Lincoln Cents by Whitman Publishing. The price for this collecting book was $1.50 from Racine, Wisconsin. It starts from 1909 coins and runs through till 1971. What a gift, indeed. So I've inherited dozens of coins, many of which were no doubt collected along the way. Logic dictates that since the book was put out on the market in 1958, then that would be my first coin to place in the book. . .considering the individual "just" bought the thing when new. This may explain why I have the most pristine and detailed, unfettered coin I have ever seen, this amazing bright reflective Lincoln 1958 double die is stunning! I am so enamored with it that I have dubbed it "The One." I hear there were two known and as of the-day-before yesterday, I heard "the other one" had not surfaced yet. I would challenge anyone to show me a "Finer" specimen of this year and I'd be impressed. I've got double vision!! What do you think of this '58? 1958 D ODD.jpg 1958 D ODD.jpg THE ONE REV.jpg

12. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

Very nice penny. worth one cent.

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It is not a doubled die cent, sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted