1957 Pontiac Bonneville Vintage Silver Round?!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Aug 4, 2020.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Here's an old silver round that I bought years ago, maybe not minted in 1957 but that's okay! Only weighs 15.5 grams so it's a half an ouncer! Anyone here remember Pontiac, Bonneville's?:D Crazy question there as I'm sure many remember their sleek box like look as they competed against the unforgettable 57 Chevy! That said, they were great looking cars but back to my question! On the reverse of this round next to the last "S" in Ambassadors, there's an "L"! Anyone know who minted this round or care to venture a guess? I have no idea! :happy:

IMG_2241.JPG IMG_2242.JPG IMG_2240.JPG IMG_2243.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

How about a 1957 Fag Ford Prefect( year I was born) 11000 made in England and original manuals and bill of laden from Liverpool to Bar Harbor Me. Driven by Alphonse compound caretaker from 1957 till 1968 park in woods and I bought in 2003. Not many made it across the pond! Seen 1 other in USA SAM_0561.JPG

yakpoo, fretboard and Inspector43 like this.
  4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

1951 was the Pontiac 25th anniversary. My aunt bought one and was given a souvenir. A silver dollar in a money clip. She eventually gave it to me. Most people she said just pulled the silver dollar out, threw the clip away and spent the dollar. IMG_5621.JPG IMG_5622.JPG

fretboard and David Betts like this.
  5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

That's bada$$! :D

David Betts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted