1957 D Lincoln filled 9 on date.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bargainbidder, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Trying to understand how errors are determined gave me a headache from eye strain...lol
    Is it because the quality of metal since changed in 1983 used is so susceptible to errors from process?
    Anyway, need input on this 1957 D. Have seen it along with bie error in Liberty and wondered if it would be considered the same?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Just a normal Die Chip.. I have found about a dozen over the past 34 years. Nice find.

When the Die is used a lot it becomes weak at certain points.. Like between the B and E of LIBERTY and the numeral 9. It's just a worn die issue.

Bargainbidder likes this.
  4. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick response paddyman98. Figured it was but I tell ya trying to understand how errors are determined have my head spinning. Even with pics I see what they are but not understanding how the process works that determine the difference between machine doubled and mint has me looking at each coin over and over again. Just have to read more and use patience which is not my best attribute. But a necessity if I want to make this my hobby after I retire.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Errors happen in the minting process, that's all. If it goes wrong in the minting process it's an error.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A die chip, very common and it adds no extra value.

Draft saved Draft deleted