1957 A star Note broken ladder 0-7

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Raizac, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

what would you pay for this one? 1957 A.jpg
    1957 A 001  .jpg

eddiespin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I would pay as much as $4. ;)

5. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

I paid $7.50

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

the 1957 series was basically mass produced even in GEM Choice with a
    *STAR* only worth about $20 in this condition $2-$3 dollars.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  7. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

Ok I see you sar note. but you don't see. The broken ladder? Your all just referring it its a sar note and that it worth 4 bucks as as star note... that the broken ladder doesn't add anything ! Sure granted it would of been way cooler if it was a ladder

8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

The 'broken' ladder in your notes case, is actually just eight unique numbers.

56 321 4 0 7

Two ascending consecutive #'s, then
    Three descending consecutive #'s, then
    Three unrelated unique #'s.

You'd need to explain how you're coming up with a broken ladder.

The note is in heavy circulated condition. Multiple folds. What looks like pen ink in the border.

If you're asking for a value, which you did in your first post, I'd honestly say it's in the $1.50 to $1.75 range.

1stSgt22, PlanoSteve and Timewarp like this.
  9. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

• 56321407 contains 8 consecutive digits. Only 0.12% of 8-digit numbers have 8 or more consecutive digits. The ladder Is 01234567 consecutive numbers. this note still has the consecutive numbers just broken up a broken ladder

10. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Therein lies the opinion of an AI bot.
    You've got the actual opinions of members here who collect said notes.

My recommendation would be to send your note to PMG and have them slab it with a designation. Then all of your questions should be laid to rest.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  11. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

so I will just say thank you for the time that it took to explain your opinion.
    that we may differ on this note. I like it and I paid for it I will be keeping it in my collection! is this not what this is all about collection of something you LIKE.
    I really did only want what you all would pay for this note to see how far off what I paid for this note
    I.E this note would not be gradable i.m.o.. and didn't buy it for that reason

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I’ll not comment on a “broken ladder” as that is not worth collecting to me. I don’t mean to be nasty but it’s the way I feel as a collector of notes.

masterswimmer likes this.
  13. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

If you like it, keep it. It is your collection to admire. However, to most collectors this just isn't worth collecting.

14. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Yikes!!! Don't make up things, like "broken ladder" - there is no such thing!

What you have here is merely a star note that is not in great condition (as far as collectors are concerned). If you didn't have one previously, then congrats, now you do, even though you paid over 600% too much for it.

masterswimmer likes this.
  15. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Unfortunately it’s not fancy enough, and
    people that do collect these are looking for
    notes in Pristine condition .

16. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Where did you find the term “broken ladder”? Just curious!! Never heard that before!!! To answer your question, I might pay $1.25 but I doubt it.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  17. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

It's your collection and your choice so my only advice is to slow down a bit before you purchase. Try to negotiate. Maybe save up a bit and try to get a bulk deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted