1956 Two Shillings (One Florin) UK

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by pragmatic, Jun 23, 2017.

1. pragmatic

pragmatic Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

By Jove, I think you've got it...welcome to CT...any questions?

4. pragmatic

Hello. Yes, is there a limit for posts?

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Kentucky

Absolutely not, we enjoy pictures, it's just that some people post them and tell us there is some odd error or that their coin is worth millions. Perhaps if you just say "I would like to share this, I think it is interesting/pretty/unique..." Once again welcome to the forum. By the way a lot of people on here make jesting remarks, please do not become offended, we usually mean no offence.

pragmatic likes this.
  6. pragmatic

thanks for the reply. actually I just reported your reply to the other thread as abusive :D no offence, but culturally, it is difficult to recognize what is a riddle or a joke or an abuse or offence.

as regards coin values, I believe the value of any coin has intrinsic and/or extrinsic factors (such as but not limited to material from which the coin is made; gold, silver. being proof or UNC for example), let alone, scarcity of the coin regardless of its year. and most importantly demand! that's why some users may absurdly set exaggerated prices for a coin. after all, coin collector is a free market, and what decides the value is the seeker's demand. no wonder why in auctions, hundreds of thousands are paid for a single banknote or coin!!
    The erroneous 2 new pence 1983 is sought eagerly by collectors. its current estimate value 100 Sterling Pounds. somebody might be ready to get it however at any cost. this is what makes the value of any coin.

7. Kentucky

I often tend to be sarcastic, which I hope that you (or others I practice this on) do not get offended, that is not the intent. As far as reporting it, the administrators here do a fantastic job. There is another thread about what it takes to get you expelled from the site. Please do be aware that there are a lot of members here who post in jest, and some who are very blunt. Hang with us for awhile.

pragmatic likes this.
  8. pragmatic

Am I fallen into the Jester Race for redemption or just my bad luck brought me to another bozo. Mentioning bozo, it is actually my nickname. Didn't wanna use it here, but after knowing you, i regret not nicknaming myself bozo on the forum. Meh. Afterall, it is a matter of practice...constantly, unlike others who have these monthly temper, roughly every 28 days during a hectic physiologic shed!

Draft saved Draft deleted