1956-D Wheat penny ERROR?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by hooglandm, Feb 17, 2012.

1. hooglandm

hooglandm New Member

I am new to coin collecting and roll searching. I found this 1956-D wheat penny and I thought at first it was just a BIE error on the liberty, but after closer inspection I think it might be something else. My only reference is Strike it Rich With Pocket Change but that doesn't go into older coins. Any help with identifying this as an error or something else would be greatly appreciated.
    1956-D.jpg 1956-D Liberty close up.jpg 1956-D close up under trust.jpg

old49er likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lincoln Cents

Lincoln Cents Cents not pennies

It appears to be a lamination. This is caused when impurities get under the planchet an seperate a section of it.

4. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

this type error is called a lamination peel. it is due to improper mixing of the alloy

Richard

5. Lincoln Cents

Could you post pictures of the reverse?

Windy derushia likes this.
  6. hooglandm

hooglandm New Member

Sure here is the reverse. Is this kind of error valuable at all? 1956-D reverse.jpg

7. VNeal

VNeal Member

Do you want to sell it

8. Lincoln Cents

I would estimate yours to be 3-5 dollars.

9. dydrnrnfg

dydrnrnfg New Member

Does this have a d shadow or any value at all?

10. shawn45

shawn45 New Member

Hey if I took some pics of some penny's could someone tell me if I might have anything. Thanks

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I'm sure many would be happy to help. However, you would be better served by starting your own new thread instead of simply bumping an old one. Welcome to the forum.

12. shawn45

shawn45 New Member

Thanks not sure what to do so. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'm looking for when it comes to some penny's

13. shawn45

shawn45 New Member

14. BooksB4Coins

I understand, and suggested what I did due to the fact that many, for a variety of reasons, avoid older bumped threads, meaning starting one of your own will likely allow your coins to be seen by as many eyes as is possible.

I assume you're curious about possible errors, and would wish to post to the error forum. Below is a direct link to said forum. Once opened, on the far right side (above the thread list) you'll find a blue "Post New Thread" button. Simply click it, title your thread, type out your questions, and be sure to add clear photographs.

https://www.cointalk.com/forums/error-coins/

Mark1971 likes this.
  15. shawn45

shawn45 New Member

The R T in liberty?

Attached Files:

16. BooksB4Coins

It looks like simple damage to me, but I'm also using an iPhone to view this and is partly why I suggested getting as many eyes as possible on your coins.

Unforunately, from what I can see nothing sticks out as being anything beyond very average circulated wheat cents. Better photos, along with clearly stating your concerns regarding each coin, may be of some additional help though.

17. iGotALLtheBestCoinz

iGotALLtheBestCoinz New Member

I think the 1956 d wheat pennies should go on strike for $1,000,000.00 meant to say ....cause I said so ...lol would be nice just being humorous!! :)

18. iGotALLtheBestCoinz

iGotALLtheBestCoinz New Member

1956 d wheat pennies have a strike 100,000.00

19. brentjgordon

brentjgordon New Member

going to go use this advise

20. Cliff drew

Cliff drew New Member

Got a error 1956d wheat

21. Walter Marx

Walter Marx Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted