1956 D /D penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bradford Adams, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Bradford Adams

Bradford Adams Active Member

I think this is a 1956 D/D RPm 016 D/D separated to the NE can anyone help me out with this 20210222_211923.jpg 20210222_213719.jpg 20210222_212857.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradford Adams

Bradford Adams Active Member

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't see it.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I don't either, sorry. Jim

Inspector43 likes this.
  6. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Glare from light. No to RPM.

7. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

its not an RPM your trying to hard to see what we don't see

8. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'm not seeing anything.

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Bradford, understand something. Those wheat cents, as well as the earlier memorial cents, were made by dies that were actually pressed twice by the hubs to reinforce their designs. That's why sometimes a die is "doubled." And, of course, if the die is doubled, and the die makes the coin, that doubling is naturally going to show up as doubling on the coin. It can't miss. And that's what you're looking for in these early cents. You're looking for two separate images, side-by-side, both of the same height off the coin, one of which will be full, and the other of which will be partial. Anything less is due to the strike itself, or a deteriorated die.

Keep that criteria in mind the next time you think you're seeing a doubled die on those early cents. If what you're seeing doesn't satisfy that criteria, there's a 99.99% chance it's not from a doubled die. And the percentage may even be higher than that. Hope this helps you some.

Draft saved Draft deleted