1956 $1 us bill very low #ed

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by PinchApenny1982, Jan 26, 2022.

?

Is this real and possibly worth selling

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Fake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

..us bill?.. Oh you mean US bill. Got it.

Sure is real.. Worth about $5.00 in that condition.

3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The thread title says 1956 and it’s clearly a series 1957A. Was that a typo ? The note appears authentic. The serial number is considered sem-low. Most collectors consider 5 starting zeros to be low. The note is kinda common and a little worse for wear, but I’m sure someone will give you more than face value for it. Why are you asking about selling it, are you not a collector ?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    masterswimmer and paddyman98 like this.
  4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Real? Of course it's real. Very low serial number. Sort of, but as Steve said, needs one of two digits replaced with zeros.
    In the condition it's in, might get a buck over face, but not worth listing it. Just hang on to it for a fun conversational piece.

5. Blasty

Blasty Gold Member

^ what these guys said.

1957 notes need to be very high grade to be worth more than a few bucks over face, unless the serial number is particularly interesting, there is an error, etc.

Personally, I like yours. I hang onto notes I find with four leading zeros just because I don't find them that often - worst case, I can still spend them. I'm talking common Fed notes of course, I keep all silver certificates regardless.

My lowest find is 00001024. I have yet to join the three digit club.

6. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

That's my understanding.

7. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Aren’t notes printed in reverse order. If so the last notes printed would be the lowest serial numbers. They would also be the most “worn” (if printing plates and serial number wheels wear). Wouldn’t collecting the highest serial numbers be more desirable (least wear and sharpest serial numbers)? Just asking…

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It’s a common note that’s from the 1957-A series. Worn but in tact. The serial number is on the low side but collectors want a low not below 1000. Only worth a few dollars. If I had it, I put in a sleeve and keep it.

Draft saved Draft deleted