1955s cent error?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Carl, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Carl

Carl Member

Frist of all sorry on pictures did best I could, want to ask before asking Ken Potter on this cent, would you say this a off center or do I have something here just as a cent that they ran so many not anything to brag about, A little back ground got this cent on the bay for about 3.00, reason got as like the color on red only, plus date as my sister b/d other then that was a thrill once I got this coin thought on when buying was just a 1955s cent with red I did like, once again sorry on pictures
    And Happy new Year all CENTT.jpg

Attached Files:

• CENT.jpg
      CENT.jpg
      File size:
      126.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Carl

Carl Member

guess no one here to tell me on this coin, nite people are not here

4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I don't see the coin being off center, but I am not sure what it is with Liberty on it.

5. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Only 20 minutes passed. You can't expect a speedy answer for every thread. We do have lives other than visiting internet forums, ya know? :rollling:

As for the coin, because I have absolutely no idea what you're refering to due to improper explanation, I cannot give my opinion.

What I can tell you is that you have a 1955-S Lincoln Wheat Cent.

Please take a beginner's writing course and get back to us.

-Brian

6. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Carl...year's ago (in the drug hazed '70s) I sold Kirby vacuum cleaners door-to-door out of a small shop in East Hartford CT (on Park Ave). I gotta say...even the worst stoner back then made more sense than you do now. :too-cool-for:

...but I gotta admit, the LIBERTY looks a little funky to me, too. :thumb:

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Geez, guys! You must have had a heck of a New Year's Eve, and the hangover is making you grumpy. In spite of the lack of punctuation, it is still possible to understand his query. That's more than I can say 4 sum peeps.

Carl, I'm not sure what could have caused it, but it doesn't look like an O/C strike. Judging from the (pristine) condition of the obverse of the coin, I'd hasten a guess that it wasn't something, like "spooning", done intentionally. It could be that it is a slight rim break, but I really don't think it would be worthwhile to send it to someone like Ken Potter. If it is something like a rim break, this type of error would be so minor that it is worth more just as a conversation piece. What does the reverse look like?

Chris

8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Sorry...didn't mean my comment to sound that harsh. :foot-mouth:

It's a beautiful coin. It's hard to see a lot of rim detail through the plastic, though. Sounds like Chris is spot on.

Best Regards and Happy New Year!

9. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Not Off Center.

Whats this?

CENTT.jpg

If its on the coin, you paid too much.

10. BMoscato

BMoscato ANA# R-1181086

Rough crowd! LOL...

Not off center.

11. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

For determining errors or concerns regarding coins, it would be better to photograph them out of their holders. There are too many
    reflections and distortions to make an accurate assesment.

For it to have an error value, it should look like these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. fizzy

fizzy Member

that's democracy for you.

13. Carl

Carl Member

Just becausea person not same as others

Hi again it seems this site is going down hill, before asking a question on a coin and got my AZ rip open, sorry if my way of typing does not please all on here, thought was a good place to ask question's on coin's, not saying why not to happy about some reply's on here , just goes to show me I need to move on to other site where a question does not get smart remarks on a question Just a new person learning on coins , maybe took it wrong , I don't type to good but who does, Will ask question on coins on a other site as don't need to be call a drug person, yes I do take pills for my problem( back) and hope Dr's can gets me where I don't have to do drugs no more that I need , sorry if I don't meet every ones high class on being perfect, I thought and hope people that said what they said will think on this as how would you feel if you ask a question on here and got a feedback on a simple question on a coin and how dare call names as I was, like I said maybe I took it wrong but after showing this post to real friends they said wt f, why go there , told her because was a good site a few years ago , it's sad a few bad apples would be here and say what was said to me
    not more can say on this but not not a place I wish to post on no more , and yes was hurt on remarks , was asking a question and how dare person say as they did, I know nothing will happen on this , other then be told to chill, hope the new people that come on here are not given crap as I was , thought was a good place to chat ask question's and one time in a long time get this from members that should know better, to sad on that person's way of posting back to op, how are kids to learn on here if this way peoples are treated, should they say this what collecting coin's about, not to cool, if I needed to be told I have a problem on typing etc I can get that from my wife, and yes not to happy on a coin talk site to be told on drugs, and yes read that in words from reply from other member, in closing for people here that helps people on there thank you from the past, and hope you are here for other people starting out , this is was once a great site and hope people that are rude as way to me are long gone
    Peter if you happen to read this hope you will take some action on what was said to me, if not will be gone off here as not right , thought personal remarks against a person was not allow on here at all( was call a drug person , all because I have problems typing, and do have a disabilities, and what I ask on this post was nothing wrong , only to people who think they can bust on a person on way they type
    and sorry if sounding not to happy on this was one Remark that was not call for and as you can see not happy way it came across, you can't judge a person on way he or she types, or if white black , male female, this not a PM where no one else see's this a open post, and got hurt on this because not same as other people

14. Carl

Carl Member

as last point on this I never once cut on person on here on way he or she types , poor spelling etc, some people need to think before they post

15. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

There are a lot of helpful and friendly people here on Coin Talk who will go to extremes to assist collectors. However, you have to be able to communicate in a manner to have readers understand what you are trying to say. It would make your posts easier to read if you use periods and paragraphs. Your first post and your #12 post are very difficult to get through, in fact, I couldn't finish the #12 post at all.

Simplicity in your writing style will give you a wider audience to read your threads/posts and answer your questions. :yes:

16. Fall Guy

Fall Guy Active Member

First off, no one called you a "drug person", it said that even a stoner would make more sense than your first post due to how it was written. It was a joke. Remember, that this is only the internet and you really shouldn't take things that happen on there to heart. Secondly, I understand you may not type very well, but your grammar was making it difficult to understand the question in the first place, hence the remarks. (Which I have to say were not that bad at all)

Draft saved Draft deleted