1955 s bu penny roll

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Igor, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Igor

Igor Member

Got a 1955 s bu penny roll today and was wondering if picking the best one out of the rest of them would be worth getting graded or not. A few of them look really good. Without a scratch. Here’s one. Looks better in person.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'd need a better close-up of both sides.

Chris

4. Igor

Igor Member

That’s the best I can do until I get my coin microscope. But let’s say it graded a 68 or 69.. would it be worth it?

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Igor

You don't need a microscope for grading. That's overkill. Crop all of the unnecessary background from your photo and resize it. Then, use the "Full Image" option when you post the images of both sides. Nobody can give you an idea of the grade without seeing both sides.

I'd be very surprised if it graded that high.

Check PCGS or Numismedia for their price guides.

Chris

Igor likes this.
  6. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Hi Igor, you say " without a scratch " yet I see scratches and marks on the coin.
    What is that scratch/mark between the N and the G in "IN GOD WE TRUST" ?
    What are those marks on his face, his chin and on the lapel of his jacket?
    Remember this, as easy as it is for us, the owner of the coin, to ignore such "minor" things, the grading companies will not.
    When we say " Without a scratch ", the coin must actually be " Without a scratch ".
    No offense, just being honest and trying to help.

With that said, thanks for posting and Welcome to Coin Talk !!

Igor likes this.
  7. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

@cpm9ball means something like this, and it does look like there are a couple of scratches on his shoulder. 1955.jpg

Hookman and Igor like this.
  8. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

Even experienced collectors see things after they look at a coin for the 2nd 3rd or 4th time.

Hookman and Igor like this.
  9. Igor

Igor Member

Here’s a closer picture of a different one. I do think it looks better in person tho. Just curious by the way what a grade 68 would go for because I see 67s on eBay going for around a hundred dollars. Thanks.

Attached Files:

10. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

They almost always look better in person.
    Nice coin, BTW.

Igor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted