1955 NO M OBV I dont beleive its ground off DO you??

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Luckycharms, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

Hello, This is a interesting coin 1955 no M, can anyone share what they know about this type,my pics are not the greatest but with time I hope to improve; so at the end of the day whats fair market for a coin like this.Are there any error experts amoung us? Thanks for stoping ,enjoy. Lucky

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kbabyjohnson01

kbabyjohnson01 40 Years Cancer FREE

What I can see from the pics is no M in America on the Reverse....probably a grease-filled die. Other than that...I can't see any other abnormalities.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yes, it appears to be a grease-filled die on the reverse as kbaby said. Grease-filled dies are very common on Lincoln cents, and would only be worth a premium (over and above the FMV of a '55-S) to a collector of such anomalies or a bidiot on FleaBay.

I sure would like to meet "A. ERICA". She must be awfully rich to own the entire US.

I'd keep it as a nice conversation piece.

Chris

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Under US spelling, there is no M on the Lincoln Obv.

So, you aren't missing anything

6. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

I'm not thinking it's a grease filled die, but a common effect created by the relief of Lincoln's head on the obverse. Similarly, the lapel typically creates a weak O on ONE. When the coin is struck, there isn't always enough metal to fill both high points. Many coins have this effect and have been cited as the reason for quick design changes such as with the short run and abundant patterns of the Flying Eagle Cent.
    Matt

Draft saved Draft deleted