1955 Lincoln

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bargainbidder, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Tried to take close up of forehead and lapel to show what 16X loop picks up but my pics are not every good. Are images showing more than die cracks?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

These types of die crack are commonly found on coins of this era.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  5. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

I like these types of coins because they are the type a person can actually find in the wild. Finding a listed 55 after 64 years in circulation would be some unreal luck but this type of "poor mans DD" as Paddy states can be found. Just saying I think its a cool find for what it is. I know alot of collectors or hobbyist throw them back...I keep them.

paddyman98 and Bargainbidder like this.
  6. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

They are really great to find and tells a person how many were minted. My problem was and probably still is to look at a coin and if I get a feeling from how it looks, I would put it away. And with the number of PMD'S it's going to take alot of time because I can't just put them in bank roll or change jar without checking them...lol
    Wheat pennies and mercury dimes are my favorite because I knew with first look it had a history depending on year.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you have to use anything above a 10x to see what's going on then it's nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted