1955 Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by mjourney64, May 18, 2019.

?

Is a 1955 wheat penny that weighs 2.9g rare ?

1. Not really

100.0%
  2. Haven't seen much about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mjourney64

mjourney64 New Member

I've seen a couple posts on YouTube but not any of the regular ones I subscribe to...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Railguy

Railguy Well-Known Member

Post a picture of your coin.theres lots people here that know coins.i quit watching u tub.since I found this site.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Youtube? Huge fountain of misinformation!

dwhiz and Legomaster1 like this.
  5. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

That's all I watch is youtube, hahaha, with amazon firestick on my tv. but I don't watch it for information, just documentaries, cops stuff, beatdowns. ww2, history programs, but its not a place to look for coin values.

tommyc03 likes this.
  6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

QUICK, someone go check on @cpm9ball! This statement may have sent him over the edge! :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Why? Because someone used their brain for what it was intended is reason to celebrate.

Chris

Bambam8778 likes this.
  8. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Over the edge meaning make sure you didn't have a coronary since you don't hear that often.

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

An uncirculated 1955 cent is 3.11 +/- .13 , so from 2.98 to 3.24 is official, but a circulated coin will weigh less. Also if someone is weighing it with a scale that only shows 1 decimal place it can not be determined, so is it circulated ( worn) and what is weighing it? Photos would help answer those. But most likely no extra value, only seen a couple of Real thin planchet coins this year.
    Jim

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you think this is the expensive DDO we need a photo if both sides and a closeup of the date. UTube has great videos, most of them are incorrect but they are good.

Draft saved Draft deleted