1955 double die real?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Muzzledorf, Jul 22, 2016.

1. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

$150 each? He has more than one? Another sign to beware. If this "acquaintance" thought they were real, he would be asking a very high price. If he thought they might be fake, then he knows they would be worthless, so buy trying to charge $150, sounds like he is dishonest.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Muzzledorf

Muzzledorf New Member

Thanks Ketucky and Fish nice to have people looking out for each other. Don't think I can muster up any more Lincoln cent one liners, but if anyone is interested in seeing a pic of the 1922 plain, it might be good for a chuckle or two? Actually for me it would be for educational feedback. Thanks!

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

As long as you've taken something good away from these threads, and indeed accept the facts that have been presented, there's no harm whatsoever in posting other "examples". At the very least doing so can be educational, if not now, perhaps for someone who stumbles upon this thread in the future. Post away...

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Muzzledorf

Muzzledorf New Member

Actually I meant $150 for the 1955, $150 for a 1888 7 over 8 cent (my other post), and then $150 for the 1922 plain (have not posted it because I believe I know the answers now)

6. Muzzledorf

Muzzledorf New Member

IMG_2825.jpg Ok that's exactly how I see it, because I found zero info on the 1888 liberty head counterfeit on the internet so now it is there for the next guy who comes across one. This isn't the best pic, I would think this is an easy coin to modify so it didn't interest me.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

fish4uinmd likes this.
  8. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Looks mighty fake to me!

10. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

A coin dealer gave me some good advise: "If you're going to pay $100 or more for a coin, don't buy it unless it's in a TPG holder". That excludes buying something directly from the US Mint.

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I would say the 22 plain pictured isn't good either.

Draft saved Draft deleted