1955 Double Die Lincoln. Cleaned?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mlwells04, Feb 11, 2011.

1. mlwells04

mlwells04 New Member

Yea, I contacted the seller right away and never took the coin out of the holder. If there is any problems I'll just open a payapl dispute. I did everything correct to return the coin. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I've been looking for a good deal on a 55/55 for a while

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mlwells04

mlwells04 New Member

I dont know if thats completely true. I have bought a few other high valued raw coins and they all came back genuine. Even got a 1877 indian head for $1500 once and turned it around for $2100 a month later after having it graded XF45

4. Coinguy56

Coinguy56 Member

You can hit the jackpot on a raw key date and make a big profit on having it certified. But it's just too big of a risk to take. I'd go by what BadThad said and just examine a certified example at a dealer or show.

5. AllofU<3

AllofU<3 New Member

Wow, thank you for all your posts here, you've just saved a novice coin buyer (for my terminally ill 44 yo husband, as a surprise to help him checkoff lincoln coin collection from his bucket list).we really cannot afford it rt now and was looking for the best deal on ebay for some time now. I had no idea about what to look for or that fakes could be encapsulated made to look graded and genuine! Thank you soooo much!

6. AllofU<3

AllofU<3 New Member

Wow, thank you for all your posts here, you've just saved a novice coin buyer (for my terminally ill 44 yo husband, as a surprise to help him checkoff lincoln coin collection from his bucket list).we really cannot afford it rt now and was looking for the best deal on ebay for some time now. I had no idea about what to look for or that fakes could be encapsulated made to look graded and genuine! Thank you soooo much!

Draft saved Draft deleted