1955 DDO

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by James S, Feb 6, 2016.

1. James S

James S Low Mintage

Do you guys think this is a good coin to purchase already slabed or would you buy the best looking raw one you could find I'm looking at either getting this one or the three legged buffalo, opinions please

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Buy what pleases you, not what pleases us! Again, raw or slabbed should be up to you.

Chris

coinzip likes this.
  4. just a penny.. right

just a penny.. right Active Member

A wise person once told me. That helped me as a person and or coin collector said. "Not every baseball collector likes the same baseball card." Coin collecting is the same, but we seem to feel different. If what you want is your "Mickey Mantle". If its what you feel in your gut, and if your bills are paid. NGC or PCGS is the way to go. You will at least have some return in your money spent. Just an opinion..

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you're going to buy a higher priced error coin like a $.01 1955 DD or a 3 leg Buffalo, I'd pay the extra and buy a certified one. The grade and condition cannot be argued with as long as it's in the holder. Buy what you like. It's your money. It's your collection. We all have different tastes, even in coins. :)

6. James S

James S Low Mintage

Thanks guys I am going after slabed Morgan dollars minted in Carson City be either PCG or NCGS

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Try PCGS or NGC.

Markus1959 likes this.
  8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Raw pieces are dangerous, buy slabbed only.

too many fakes

loopytoad74 and spirityoda like this.
  9. James S

James S Low Mintage

I see I got them backwards

10. James S

James S Low Mintage

Agreed Treashunt

11. just a penny.. right

just a penny.. right Active Member

can I call you daddy?.. best wishes good luck..

loopytoad74 likes this.
  12. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

If you are knowledgeable about the series, are confident in your grading and authentication abilities, then raw or graded makes little difference.

If your not knowledgeable about the series, are not confident in your grading and authentication abilities, I would seek the professional opinion of PCGS, NGC, ANACS, or SEGS.

ldhair likes this.
  13. James S

James S Low Mintage

Thanks I'm locked in on a 1883 CC Ms-64 NGC

14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Buying raw is risky for someone new to the hobby. It's even risky for those that are not new. The risk goes down with the amount of time a person takes to study and learn about the coin they wish to buy. The TPGs take some of the worry out of buying high dollar coins.
    I'll vote for the 55 DDO but that's just me. Take a fat wallet with you if you wish to own a nice one.

15. James S

James S Low Mintage

You got that right there high

16. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

83 CC is a common date...one of the easiest to find...so there are enough (1.2M minted) out there to cherry pick. About $220 to 230 would be a good price.
    Welcome to CT.

17. James S

James S Low Mintage

Yeh it's Actually in 1884 CC graded Ms-64 by NGC with the COA with a nice black box that it comes in

18. fish4uinmd

another very common CC...but I'm a sucker for CC's!

19. James S

James S Low Mintage

Yup I would love the 1889 CC in that grade but the price is out of my range

20. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

What would have been your budget for this one?

upload_2016-2-6_13-45-33.png

21. fish4uinmd

Draft saved Draft deleted