1954 s Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jjpe, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Good Sunday morning people
    I was looking on variety Vista see if this 1954 s was doubled. I found the five and the four and the s but it didn't have that ball on the end of the s. I know they have to match exactly that's why I'm coming to you people for help. Thank you IMG_20220919_175850067.jpg IMG_20220919_175709920.jpg IMG_20220919_182340477_HDR.jpg

Heavymetal likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just looks a nice RPM to me.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Mint mark cannot be doubled die since they were hand punched into the Obverse die that year.

VistaCruiser69 and eddiespin like this.
  6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I hate to ask this but why do you even give a hoot is what I want to know. Even if it is an RPM it's a cleaned-to-death and damaged coin. About the best you could hope for it is some variety vista wingnut gives it some arcane classification you can then impress other wingnuts with. There are some good ones, particularly in that decade, but you can at least see them, and they're really cool. When they're not cool, who cares about them, really? Every mint mark is punched at least twice. It's when they're off enough that they're interesting. Maybe I'm alone on this, I don't know, but I couldn't care less what that is. No need to defend it, I'm not saying that to start any argument. I can see you're impressed, and that's cool.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

The "ball" looks like a well placed hit to the mintmark

8. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Interesting replies I'll have to do a little more investigation on it.I think it's impossible to learn every possible angle and what could happen to a coin during its life. That's why we have experts thanks again

Draft saved Draft deleted