1954-D Anacs

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Braydon, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Braydon

Braydon Make your own history, with history you can own.

What can we learn about this type of die chip. They said most happened from 1956-58 but this is a 54 does that affect monetarily?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I feel like most die chips are extra collectible for that niche group. Maybe not worth more, but easier to sell potentially

Braydon likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's not worth much. The fool who submitted it for grading wasted his/her money.

Chris

5. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Just my opinion and $5 might get you a cup of coffee but I collect them and just catagorizing them as described by the experts. Although not doubled die varieties they still can be interesting to some and show how difficult the minting process is to have such intricate and beautiful designs that have been used over our country's history placed on coinage.
    Just my opinion

Braydon likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

First of all.. it happened during the 1950's on any of those years. It's just a worn die strike issue that caused the Die Chip.. Really nothing major.
    Premium? Only because it's an interesting slab. But raw = no premium.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Regardless of the date, minor die chips add very little, if any value to the coin.

As others have said, somebody took a loss when they sent this coin to ANACS. Even in the slab, it probably isn't worth more than common wheat cent. Maybe somebody will toss a buck or two at it for the novelty of a low value coin in a slab.

On a related note, trying to put a date set of BIEs or die chips in the date night be a fun endeavour. Wouldn't be worth much, but I would enjoy seeing something like that and appreciate the effort. It would be a cool set

Braydon likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A standard minor error. There are so common it's amazing that they are worth a dollar each.

Draft saved Draft deleted