1954 Canadian $20 Bill Devils Face?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Alicia728, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Alicia728

Alicia728 Member

Recently learned about the devils face 1954 Canadian bank notes. I have a 1954 $20 in the bunch. Can you guys help me confirm whether or not this is the devils face note? And any opinions on its condition and the worth are welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Legomaster1 and LA_Geezer like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

No I do not believe it is Devils Face 20 , If you Goggle the Bill it will have examples of how to tell the difference. Welcome to Coin Talk . Dillan

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

5. Alicia728

Alicia728 Member

So not all bills printed in 1954 were devils face? I'm noticing more similarities to the devils face than the modified version. I've sent an email to have it looked at. To me it looks like everything is a match except the nose is slightly different. Maybe just due to wear? In any case I appreciate the input

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  6. Dillan

Can you please tell me what letters your bill starts out with , thank you

7. Dillan

There is not a lot of difference in the bills what they did was darken the highlights in the Queens hair to distort what some were calling the Devils Face.

8. Dillan

Personally I do not think the bill is a devils face that you have . Look at the link provided by @paddyman98 and the bill you have look closer to the non devil variety. Hope that you do have one , I know these are a fair bit more valuable then the regular modified bills.

9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

You have the modified version, not the devil face. Look at the link @paddyman98 posted and compare the 2 types. There are not "more similarities", it is either one of the other. You can easily see the modified curl above the war on your note

10. Alicia728

Alicia728 Member

C/w

11. Alicia728

Alicia728 Member

I digress. I'll just assume it's not I guess.

12. Dillan

Hello Alica728 , I think we are correct in saying that it is a modified $20.00 bill. Sometime when your close to a coin dealer , take the bill into them for their opinion as well. It is a lot easier to determine when a person has the bill in hand , your photographs were good , but it is always good to get others opinions also. Even though the bill is not a Devils Face , it is still a worthwhile collectible and worth more then $20.00 . There is a good web site called Coins and Canada that shows Canadian bills and coins . They have lots of good information for a person looking for answers about Canadian money , and some other countries also . If you happen to be looking for other Canadian bills I would be happy to send you my power and gas bill ! Keep on Collecting ! Dillan

Draft saved Draft deleted