1953 Reverse

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Nov 8, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

This is the only other one thats bugging me. Certain letters look huge to me (The L and two "U"s) on the reverse of this penny. Some the B and R almost look tripled. It looks like MD to me but I just want to be sure before it goes into my copper jar.

IMG_7454.jpg IMG_7455.jpg Snapshot000008.jpg Snapshot000009.jpg Snapshot000010.jpg Snapshot000011.jpg Snapshot000012.jpg Snapshot000013.jpg

J.T. Parker likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Die Deterioration will cause that effect on the letters.

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. MatrixMP-9

Coooool! Now I know! TY Paddy!

5. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Good eye and good pictures! icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

Evan Saltis likes this.
  6. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Paddy. I also agree with Islander on the good pics. One thing I've noticed with DD is the top of the letters closest to the rim seem to fade. There not crisp or sharp as they should be. But there can be more things that cause this. Since it's a wheatie I'd still keep it!

7. MatrixMP-9

Coin wasnt too shiny so it took to the camera well. Plus I try to take my time. Worst possible thing that could happen is that a coin is identified as a legit DD because of bad photographs. My mind is always trying to "eliminate" coins. Plus, this one is cool to me in its own way because of all the various "waves of copper" lol.

I always think of this below when I see coins like the above. I think these terraced rice fields in Sapa Vietnam are beautiful. I wish we had them here in the States.

Sapa-Rice-Terrace.jpg

J.T. Parker and 2manyhobbies like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted