1953-D Wheat Penny error value and info neede please

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by mrdiamond666, Jul 9, 2009.

1. mrdiamond666

mrdiamond666 Junior Member

So this 1953-D wheat penny has a I in LIBERTY error, very out of allignment, and the Y is mangled, the D is very close to the date, and looks like a DD error in MM/DATE as well. I'm wanting to sell this if it has any descent value, so can you help me with an estiment in value, and some coin facts on this? Thank you very much. IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1048.jpg
    Thanks again everybody. :thumb:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

all post mint damage. coin is worth 1 cent.

Richard

4. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

I agree, post damage. The mintmark was hand punched back then so it dose not have a set position.

5. Rosa Sanchez

Rosa Sanchez New Member

6. RObert Sliger

RObert Sliger New Member

How much is it worth and will you buy it or know someone who will

7. RObert Sliger

RObert Sliger New Member

8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Unfortunately, the coin has no value beyond that of a common wheat cent. They are available in roll quantities for the equivalent of 2-3 cents per coin.

9. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

24000 views for this?

10. CoinBreaux

CoinBreaux Well-Known Member

This post is 8 years old and the OP hasn't been on here since then, why post on it?

11. Jds75

Jds75 New Member

Ok guys I have a 53 d penny the d is filled in and all the lettering on the front is very bold... Is it an error and is it worth anything

12. Nicole Rohlman

Nicole Rohlman New Member

I have a 1953 d that was misprinted and i cant find any pictures for this misprint. It looks like a second penny coming off the first. Any suggestions on where to gwt this looked at.

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

This is an old thread so you should start a new one. You'll need to post photos and welcome to CT.

14. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

That I and Y are hit and pushed over. Look at the bottom of the T, there's even a chunk out of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted