1953 Canadian 5¢ questions

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Gary turner, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Gary turner

Gary turner New Member

I stumbled apon a '53 Canadian nickel a couple of months back and it has sparked a whole hobby to drown all my time into....I'm hooked!

Anyway, I was given this coin and decided to do a bit of researching and have Learned a couple of things but I would love to see what yall think about it
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

gbroke likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Looks like a 1953 NSF Far Leaf Canadian nickel. Unfortunately, it's the most common variety for the 53.

4. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Yep, no shoulder fold & far

5. Gary turner

Gary turner New Member

I was under the assumption that it was a near leaf. What do you guys think about the doubling on the reverse side. I've never seen another coin in person so I'm not sure if this is normal or not?

6. Gary turner

Gary turner New Member

Regardless, thank you very much for your input

7. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Wow => I was all excited because you'd found a "GREEN" Canadian Nickel!!

:woot:

... sadly, I was slightly disappointed to find out that it must have merely been your photography-lamp?

:oops:

Gary turner likes this.
  8. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

That's cool. That's very neat that one little coin got ya hooked. I started selling my grandpa's coins about 5 years ago and started slowly getting hooked when I learned why my coins were selling like hot cakes. Fortunately I didn't sell them all. Anyways, I'm glad you found coin collecting.mit is very fascinating to say the least, at least to us like minded people. Everyone else, sadly, seems to care less. But it makes me think that maybe they'd get hooked too, since I could care less about coins earlier in my life. I remember in the early 90s I was spending rolls of silver dimes and quarters unknowingly. I grabbed my brothers stash from gramps. Boy do I feel like a numb nuts now

Gary turner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted