1951-P Lincoln Cent - Struck Through Scrap Metal - Lamination

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by OcalaFlorida, Aug 27, 2014.

1. OcalaFlorida

OcalaFlorida Active Member

1951-P Lincoln Cent - Struck Through Scrap Metal - Lamination

I was told this 1951-P Lincoln Cent has piece of scrap that is struck onto the planchet. I was also told it is still referred to as a lamination issue.

You see how you can see under the edge, If this was a die chip, then you would not be able too, as it would be part of the planchet.

I got lots of error and variety coins to share if you are interested. I will try to only post the more interesting ones.

Any feedback comments or info welcome...

1951-p-lam-0.jpg 1951-p-lam-1.jpg 1951-p-lam-2.jpg 1951-p-lam-3.jpg 1951-p-lam-4.jpg 1951-p-lam-5.jpg 1951-p-lam-6.jpg 1951-p-lam-7.jpg

pamckees and Briboy07 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Briboy07

Briboy07 Well-Known Member

That's way cool! Do you buy all of these or find them? You have a lot of nice error coins!

4. OcalaFlorida

OcalaFlorida Active Member

Briboy07 a little of everything.

This one was found along with almost a full rolls worth of lamination errors in a canvas bag of circulated wheat pennies I bought. I remember is like was the 3 rd coin I pulled out of the bag and one of the coolest finds of the bag.

I like errors, I buy them on ebay, flea markets, Local coin shops, coin clubs meetings, and coin shows.

I search 250-500 coins a day under the scope.. I try to find at least one cool coin before I goto sleep.

For every one I bought I might have 40 I found.

but a awesome coins is a awesome coin either way.

I like to find old rolls or big collections from none variety collectors to search and upgrade. And the customer wrapped bank rolls in Florida are awesome with huge retired population.

5. Briboy07

Briboy07 Well-Known Member

That's great! I search through a bunch every night as well hoping to find an error and when I do, I can finally sleep :) The only coins I have purchased are Gold and Silver proofs and Also the State Quarters set in Silver and non silver. Other than that I am a roll and pocket change hound, but I have been thinking about buying some coin bags in the future:joyful:
    Thanks for the sharing and great explanations!

Draft saved Draft deleted