1951 d penny in fantastic condition

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Sabrina Fehr, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Sabrina Fehr

Sabrina Fehr New Member

Looking to sell some pennies that were passed on to me. I have a few error pennies and some pristine pennies that I would love some advice on. Newbie excited to learn

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sabrina Fehr

Sabrina Fehr New Member

4. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Welcome to CT! :)

We have a lot of knowledgeable people around here, many of them can give better advise than myself in US coinage, so let's wait until they chime in.

Looking forward to see those errors!

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood, Sabrina!

While the 1936 looks nice, please don't start planning your extended vacation based on what you hope to gain from the sale of these coins. While it will help to see "Full Image" pics of this coin and the errors that you have, please keep in mind that most coins are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. ~ Chris

Gregg702 and Mountain Man like this.
  6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Hi Sabrina and welcome to CT.
    The coin you posted is actually a 1936. Nice old coin but the value is less than a dollar. I'll guess the grade as About Uncirculated. We call it AU for short. The dark spot on the obverse hurts the value a great deal. You may know this but don't clean or touch the faces of the coins. Hold them by the edges.
    Please keep posting images of the other coins and folks will help.

spirityoda likes this.
  7. Sabrina Fehr

Sabrina Fehr New Member

Here are some error coins

Attached Files:

Coin Obsessed and Mike Davis like this.
  8. Sabrina Fehr

Sabrina Fehr New Member

I’m trying to figure out this posting pictures part.

Attached Files:

9. Sabrina Fehr

Sabrina Fehr New Member

I was wondering if the ones with the damaged rim were damaged at the mint or after. How do you tell that??

10. Sabrina Fehr

Sabrina Fehr New Member

What about this one?? Here’s the 1951 d

Attached Files:

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I am liking that "off center" error cent.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

The damage to the edge of that cent is known as PMD = post mint damage.

13. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Damaged after it left the mint.

14. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Also, I'd pay about $5 for the 1936 at the most.

15. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @Sabrina Fehr. Here is the standard spiel I give new members.
    You should always post FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and is easily enlarged by clicking on it. Always show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows, and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

spirityoda likes this.
  16. Coin Obsessed

Coin Obsessed Active Member

That off-center penny was awesome! Welcome to CT!

17. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You need to take each photo from directly overhead rather than at an angle.

I might add that after cropping out the unnecessary background, you should resize the image before posting the Full Image option.

Also, be aware than the Off-center (O/C) coin is generally worth less than a dated O/C.

Draft saved Draft deleted