1951 D Penny Error??

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Momof4, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

B1981C37-9A7E-4988-B448-D9F09B1F67C4.jpeg I was having a look at some of my wheat pennies on my new microscope and came across this! Any thoughts if anyone thinks it’s worth getting graded? I’ve collected wheat pennies since I was young and am just now trying to learn about errors, so any info or suggestions would really be appreciated. 1DD5B80D-2070-439D-A24C-0A7B00003DC8.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No.. Not at all.
    It took a hit. That would be damage.

The letter I is smooshed.

4. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

And you just smashed my heart! Lol- just joking! Thanks so much for your help, once again! I would have NEVER figured that one out! I thought FOR CERTAIN, it was another B!!

Inspector43 and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Welcome to CT

Momof4 likes this.
  6. Bluntflame

Bluntflame Well-Known Member

I understand completely! My first piece in here was a die chip I found on a coin that made the T in liberty larger, and I thought it was some kind of major error! But if you have the interest, you eventually learn! I mean just yesterday I discovered a brand new 2019 P DDR that I am using for my profile picture, after several face palming experiences such as the time I thought a heat damaged dime was a strike through LOL!

Momof4 likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It looks that way because the I took s hit and flattened itbout on the right side. It's damaged.

Momof4 likes this.
  8. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

I like Connecticut!

BenjaminFranklin1959D likes this.
  9. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Lol!! It REALLY is tough! I’ve become a bit addicted- it’s just fascinating! And I’ve always had a thing for copper! I literally walked out of a store in tears last year when I realized I got an Indian Head Penny back in change!! It was my first one! The cashier had no clue- thought it was a Canadian cent!!

10. Bluntflame

Bluntflame Well-Known Member

Wow! That reminds me of the time when I was 15, on a roadtrip with my dad, and I ended up pulling a 1901 indian head out of his change! I will never forget that moment!

11. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

Momof4, CT here means Coin Talk not Connecticut....Your right about Connecticut though, really nice state.

Momof4, Spark1951 and Collecting Nut like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Well @Momof4 don't you feel silly. I saw your comment but I also missed it. All you can do is laugh and hopefully that is what you are doing. :)

Chuck_A likes this.
  13. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

14. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

I was totally joking!! I knew what he meant, lol! I’ve never even been to Connecticut!

SmokinJoe and paddyman98 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted