1951 d Bie cent RPM ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by eric6794, Jun 26, 2017.

1. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

hey all I just pulled this 1951 d Half BIE cent out of circulation. Opinions on the RPM please. 1951d1.jpg 1951d2.jpg 1951d3.jpg 1951d4.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

Dude that is way hard to see :D going to have to get much closer on the RPM. And Direct light, not just the light above! try turning on a flash light or turn on your flash on your camera

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

There is the BIE, you have the BiE :D
    But Half BIE is acceptable ;)

eric6794 likes this.
  5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You have a malady that is common to many error & variety hunters. It is called, "I've been looking and looking so it must be there!"

I don't see an RPM.

Chris

eric6794 likes this.
  7. Fallguy

Fallguy Active Member

Really can't tell from that photo. I would note that CONECA lists nearly 40 51D RPMs listed, and many of those are fairly noticeable. BTW, are the "arrows" indicating where you are seeing the secondary . . . or are they pointing at something else?

Semper Fidelis

eric6794 likes this.
  8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

9. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

IMG_1414.JPG

10. eric6794

well I have looked at it further and come to the conclusion it was the light playing a trick on me. I seen the BiE and thought I seen more to it admittedly I was looking all day so may have been seeing things lol.

11. eric6794

BIE is a die break between the B E of liberty that gives it a appearance of looking like LIBIERTY as depicted above

12. eric6794

I wont argue with you on that Chris lol but occasionally I do come up with some better errors and varieties.

13. eric6794

6 of one half dozen of the other ;)

14. eric6794

1951d15_LI.jpg
    yes it looked like a faint D over D to the NNE touching the 5 in the date, after looking at it im pretty sure I may have been seeing things but I will highlight the area

Draft saved Draft deleted