1950-D DDO?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Don W., Aug 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is it a DDO or not?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. unsure but worth getting it verified

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Don W.

Don W. New Member

1950-D.jpg I found this today. Looks like it could be the real deal but what do you all think?

Bargainbidder likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Machine doubling due to the fact that the mint mark has doubling the same as
    the 50 in the date. Mintmarks were hand punched into the die after it was made.

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Don W.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

If it looks "flat and shelf-like", it is machine doubling.

Chris

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Because the mm was punched into the finished die , there are close to zero chances that both were doubled by random chance, but like the lottery , sometimes there is such a coincidence and a winner. To my knowledge this is by far the best example. 1960-D DDO-001, with a wide spaced RPM which makes it easy to determine. Jim

60-ddo-WRPM-sm  over lgdate.JPG

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
  6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk. IMO your coin is not a Doubled Die. As others have said it looks like Mechanical (or Machine) Doubling. Here's a site to help you learn the difference: http://doubleddie.com/144801.html On the left hand side click on Doubled Die Listings to see what real DD's look like.

7. Don W.

Don W. New Member

Thanks to all. I had a feeling it wasn't to be but still wanted to be sure. I appreciate the feedback and the link!

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted