1950 10 dollar bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Andre8899, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Andre8899

Andre8899 Member

1950 10 dollar bills what do you guys think spender or keeper?

Attached Files:

Legomaster1 and furham like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Zebmonster

Zebmonster Member

So-called "atheist" bills. No "In God We Trust" over the Treasury building. I'd keep them just 'cause they're cool. The topmost bill looks to be in slightly better condition.

Andre8899 likes this.
  4. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

It's your call. I am not a currency collector for the most part, but for generally common bills of a date, a crisp uncirculated bill goes for a few dollars above face value. I kept a 1934 $20 bill I got in the 80s is about the same condition of the specimens above. I saw a crisp uncirculated bill like it for sale at my LCS; $27. The store owner said $2 of that was for the PVC free vinyl sleeve. My $20 is only worth about $22 to a collector. As noted, fun to have or find in circulation. But unless there is something special for that date, maybe keep the best and spend the other. But wait for others to chime in. Paper is not my area.

Andre8899 likes this.
  5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Not a spender. Worth around $15. Max $20 for the cleaner one with less creases.
    Used to see these all the time in circulation when I was a kid. (1970's)

Andre8899 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Those bills are as old as I am so I'd save them. The condition looks pretty good too. Minor folds and a small light stain but after all those years they are keepers as far as I'm concerned.

Andre8899 likes this.
  7. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Definitely keepers. Series 1950E is the rarest of the 1950x series. I don't have any examples myself. These were printed for a short time in the mid-1960's as the BEP transitioned from 18-subject sheet notes to 32-subject sheet notes.

This is the last series to have been printed without "In God We Trust" on the back. The motto was mandated by Congress in 1955 and was gradually incorporated onto new currency over time.

Andre8899 and Kevin Mader like this.
  8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

A short series for several denominations with only three districts having notes printed for, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. I would consider them keepers.

Andre8899 and NOS like this.
  9. cashhound

cashhound Well-Known Member

Awhile back the teller of my local bank sold me $400 worth. I still think that the flag is upside down. all1950-10s.JPG BACKflag.jpg

NOS likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's just the way the wind is blowing.

11. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Personaly I keep all older designs in chrisp condition unless its like a 1990 100 or 50 because of two reasons. Reason 1 im 17 and if I keep a 1990 20 now im not gonna blow it on stuff I dont need. Reason two it looks cool when I go through my bill book with all the chrisp 1934 twenties and chrisp red seals and Silver certificates.

NOS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted