1949 S Lincoln Cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Robert Theroux, May 29, 2024.

1. Robert Theroux

Robert Theroux New Member

After going through ton of coins I found this Lincoln Cent that seems to have lots of words and numbers that are barely visible, I have attempted to mark or point to the areas that have these possible issues, has anyone come across something like this and is it normal?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Your eyes must be tired. Just pareidolia.

Spark1951 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Oh! The old " Pareidolia" trick. The eyes will play tricks o your mind after looking too much at coins. Focus on something else for a while. wink.png

5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

What do the words say and what are the numbers? I can’t tell in your photos.

6. Robert Theroux

Robert Theroux New Member

Other than the one I marked as the number 4, I was unable to make out any of the words.
    I guess as some of the others mentioned maybe I need to take a break as I might be seeing things that are not there

eddiespin likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

When you look at coins our brain tends to make images out on the surface. It’s like looking at clouds.
    Welcome to CT.

Chris lefave likes this.
  8. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

They may be remnants of clash marks that were mostly polished out. Really hard to tell. Could be nothing.

9. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

And woodgrain.

Pup&Hound.JPG

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

That could be. It happens a lot. We see it all the time, here, week-in and week-out. They're just not as familiar with the minting process and how coins wear as we freaks are and they tend at times to freak out for it, which is understandable. Don't worry about it. Just ask, we'll tell you. You'll get the hang of what's possible and not as we go along. These were apparitions you were looking at due to wear.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

VistaCruiser69 likes this.
  12. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

An oldie but goodie.

13. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

I really see nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted