1949 D Franklin half FBL?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Daulton, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Daulton

Daulton Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Is this what is considered full bell lines? Or is the bottom missing a little bit? Also if so or if not what would be the value of this beautiful coin?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

4. WillGK

WillGK Member

I’ve submitted quite a number of Franklins to PCGS lately. At PCGS yours will get FBL or I miss my guess. I’ve had a couple that might be slightly weaker, actually. PCGS will accept a bit of weakness immediately adjacent to the bell crack. What PCGS will not accept in my experience is any cuts across the bell lines that interrupt the lines.

I understand that the color may be off with your camera, but I had one that had that same general look and it came back ungraded, PVC residue. I soaked it in acetone, re-submitted it, and it came back with a straight grade. I would soak that coin if I were going to send it in.

Your coin is nice, but on the basis of my experience I’d be modestly surprised if it came back 65, but anything is possible and considering the jump in price you should give it a shot.

Here’s the coin that came back PVC residue. I thought it had an outside chance of being 65 FBL. Nope. 64 FBL. First photo is before, second is after.

View attachment 1374716 D96780EB-556D-48F4-9502-CA9543BFA41E.jpeg

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  5. WillGK

WillGK Member

Well, so much for the first photo. I’ll try again.

The before: 62441F37-BA55-453C-8317-8C140DE920D9.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted