1949 10 PFENNING pre cud

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by eric6794, Jun 25, 2019.

1. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

So since I have had some luck on the Canadian coins that I went through I figured hey while im not doing anything else might as well start going through other world coins that I havent had time to go through and almost immediately found this error, I looked on cuds on coins and from what I gather it is the beginning of a cud to be. Pretty cool to me. 49p1.jpg 49p2.jpg 49p3.jpg 49p4.jpg

Oldhoopster likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Nice die cracks and I think the section between the two crack below the first 9 may be starting to form a retained cud. If the die continued in use much longer I'm sure it would have formed either a retaind cud or even a full cud.

eric6794 likes this.
  4. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Agree with Conder101

Nice potential (darn close) retained cud under the 1st 9.

eric6794 likes this.
  5. eric6794

so cuds on coins used the correct definition on coins similar to this "pre cud"? just wondering so I can label it correctly for my folder. Or would it be better to just call it a die crack?

6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Wow, great die crack right through the date! I would imagine when that die went, it created a gorgeous cud right through the date!

eric6794 likes this.
  7. eric6794

I've been trying to do some research and see if I can find the die progression of this coin but I'm not finding anything so far. I'm going to keep looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted