1948 Lincoln almost a cud

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Apr 28, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

This is a well circulated 1948 P this crack is still shy by 2 mm to be classified as a retain cud. Enjoy:jawdrop::blackalien: 48c-1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Are you Sure it's a pre-cud and not a lamination?

TJ1952 likes this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Agreed.

TJ1952 likes this.
  5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Tell you the truth it could be a combination. Due to the crack and I think a few years it is causing the top layer to separate in places, and since nobody is a fan of my close-ups I will not show you the fractures.:blackalien:\V/

6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

not a die crack, its a lamination crack, therefore no relation to a cud...

TJ1952 and tommyc03 like this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Definitley lamination peel.

TJ1952 likes this.
  8. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

It's not a crack, it's not a cud and it's not a good picture. It's a lamination. You want to play be the rules here Marine or not play! You gotta get back to the chips on quarters. It's a good looking lamination thought!

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Apparently, the subtle approach didn't work.... ;)

10. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

Show us the fractures Marine or we will courts-martial you!

tommyc03 likes this.
  11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You do know, of course, that we are all here to help you and not harass you? When you started with the Homestead series, you called them cuds also, when in fact they were all die chips. But you did not want our advice and argued to no end. Then, for a long time, no one would respond to any of your posts. You seemed to calm down some and then I noticed a pick up in replies to your newer posts. Now again you are arguing. Would it not be a whole lot easier to just pick up a couple of good books on error coins, study up and then come back? None of here are perfect and I don't think we pretend to be either. But some of us have been at this for 50 years or more and we do have a bit of knowledge under our belts to be able to make the comments/corrections that we do. If you are offended by my honesty, my apologies, but do not be surprised if everybody shuts you out again.

cpm9ball and TJ1952 like this.
  12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

All I know is everybody needs to take a chill pill. As far as the close-ups go that microscope is been retired. And everybody's getting upset with me because I'm just stated a visual observation. I'm not disagreeing with anyone opinion I never said it was a retain cud it's 2 mm shy, and if I'm not mistaken of what I've read maybe not in a book but on the Internet a crack from one point on the rim to another point on the rim possibly could be a retain cud. And Tommyc I have found your advice and other members advice helpful and informative, But sometimes Members evaluations are incorrect. And I'm going to leave it at that.:blackalien:\V/

14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Thank you.:blackalien:

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

These photos are basically what I'm basing my visual opinion on courtesy of cuds on coins. The first coin is what is considered a retain cud. The second one is classified as an unusual die crack. Definitely not my classification these were classified by BJ Neff

Attached Files:

16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's one of the better Laminations I've seen in a long time. It's circulated but not well circulated. Thank you for sharing. :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    usmc60 likes this.
  17. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Thank you for your quote. I enjoy sharing new fines and hope to continue.:happy::blackalien:\V/

18. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

You do mean like this one a retain cud.:happy::blackalien: rcu83p25c-3.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted