1948 D mint mark nickel,error or damage,I can see faint re stamp of cents a looks like off center

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Mattellis, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Damage or error

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Your poll makes no sense

so..

Yes to damage and No to Error

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I think it is just a well-circulated coin.

Chris

5. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

6. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

IMG_20190113_102434.jpg IMG_20190113_102459.jpg look close at tops of all my 63 no mint un circulated very beautiful coins I know these are errors,just wanted to share their beauty.all are almost identical IMG_20190113_102507.jpg

7. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

I have 17 of these

8. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

IMG_20190113_104153.jpg IMG_20190113_104153.jpg IMG_20190113_103703.jpg IMG_20190113_103703.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

While it is in nice condition, and you could save it in a 2x2 coin flip (hold coin by edges only) there's really no market or value for these. They produced tons of them
    and many have survived in this condition or better. I have some from the early 60's in this condition.
    The nickel is just a regular circulated nickel. There's nothing on it.

10. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

Little blurry got one of front and back steady hard to get them all at once when u don't have proper tools at your desposle. Bare
    I also have 68,69,70,71,74,and a 1919 all

11. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

All are sanfracisco mint I have a 1912 no mint also

12. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

I'm going to try to create an album for people to see what I have I have a few old foreign coins as well.their pretty cool

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Your nickel is not an error, just damaged. As for the cents, very nice, no errors that I can see. I can buy BU rolls of these for around $5.00 per roll. Way to many minted and saved.

Welcome to CT.

14. Mattellis

Mattellis Active Member

15. KatM

KatM New Member

16. KatM

KatM New Member

Ok so Ive been trying to reply and share my pics with you but I cant seem to figure it out. Lol. I have the same nickel and it looks exactly the same. As if your pics are of MY nickel lol. I found it odd how ,yeah it's old and circulated, but still the face and building are so raised. Just smoothed out. The edge on the obverse seems like it's missing a (collar?). Not sure what that ring along the outer edge is called. Seems if it was struck through grease lol or was shaved down because too thick. The letters are all clean and better than newer nickels'. Cool, though, to see that maybe, we have a variety. Mine weighs 4.8.

17. paddyman98

Wow! That is truly odd! You must be so excited :wideyed:
    LOL

18. paddyman98

I don't think so.. o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted