1947 PDS Roosevelts for the Whitman

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Skyman, May 22, 2017.

1. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Here are the 1947 PDS Roosevelts for my Whitman. Just having fun filling in those little holes... I'm not sure which S mint one I'll plug in. Do you have a preference? The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

bc1947_rRO1o2t.jpg
    bc1947_rRO1r3t.jpg

bc1947D_rRO1o2.jpg
    bc1947D_rRO1r6.jpg

bc1947S_rRO2o4.jpg
    bc1947S_rRO2r5.jpg

bc1947S_rRO4o4.jpg
    bc1947S_rRO4r3.jpg

Dave Waterstraat and Paddy54 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Skyman

Well Sy, since I was born in 1947, I think you should plug in #1 and send me #2 (with the unusual mintmark).

Chris;);)

Skyman likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Well the second coin the S is an RPM 006 which is cool however the first coin mm is an mms-003 the mm used in 1946 variety.
    this can be confirmed by the die scratches behind the ear and neck,and the designer initials which are the ODV-002. So Sy ya done good buddy....and Chris he's not going to break up a cool mm & designers initial set. :)
    @Skyman

Skyman likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Not an unusual mm it was the mm style used in 1947 however as stated above the first specimen has the S - MM style of 1946.
    That said on your next birthday we will alert the fire department of Coral Springs that your cake is going to look like a Bon fire! :p

6. cpm9ball

Well, it looks like there is something inside the lower loop and at the opening of the upper loop. Maybe my imagination is similar to yours since I don't live anywhere near Coral Springs.

Chris:)

7. Paddy54

Correct that's why we are telling that fire department not Cape Coral .......:)

8. cpm9ball

That wouldn't matter either because I moved out of Cape Coral about 5 years ago.

Chris

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

His hair looks a little better on the first one. Second one has some scratches on both sides.

10. Paddy54

Well glad to hear that Kenmore refrigerator box off the turnpike is working out for you.
    I know a lot of senior citizens who tend to down size. ;)

11. cpm9ball

I'm not even close to any turnpike. Are you sure you're not thinking of some relative of yours?

Chris

12. Paddy54

No Chris .....Frank gave me your address . Besides I'm sure with a Walmart shopping cart you could easily relocate your box. Make sure you file a change of address form with Frank so we can keep track of ya.

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

[just sighs aloud!]

14. cpm9ball

I'm beginning to think that you are pissed off about something I said, and you're playing this stupid child's game as a way of getting even. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that, in another thread, I told you it wasn't necessary to post full-coin images of the obverse and reverse of a coin because it seems like you always ask that question even when the photos aren't needed. Did I upset you? Is that why you have singled me out for no reason connected with this thread? If it is, GET OVER IT! You're making yourself look ridiculous.

By the way, what has Frank got to do with anything? Why are you dragging @Treashunt in on this? Maybe you should get some help.

Chris

Insider likes this.
  15. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

If it were not for the color, or possible RPM, I should throw the second 47-S into the melt box! IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO UNCIRCULATED and will bring down the quality of your set.

Oh, can you post a photo of the edge...:facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:.

16. cpm9ball

Yeah! Everyone knows that one should always post full images of all three sides. Right? :smug::smug:

Chris

Insider likes this.
  17. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I think he was just breaking my chops.

[I hope]

Draft saved Draft deleted