1947 Mexico Cuauhtemoc 5 Pesos just back from PCGS!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ocjoe949, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

Exited! I sent in 4 and never expected MS 67. What do you guys think?? Unless I am missing something. Population is now 7 in this grade for this year. I have tons of these things and love them, and thought what the heck i'll send in 4. Should I keep sending in a few?? Or leave it as is. I think these have to be 66 or better to really see any money anyways.
    TrueView_81247890_Large.jpg

Pickin and Grinin and longshot like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Nice. I've never seen one that nice. Do you know what the highest points are on each side? I think the feathers on the eagle's chest wear first. What does a ms65 go for? Or a 66 or 67? I suspect ngc's price guide doesn't give prices for such high grades, considering how krause's catalog doesn't generally offer prices above BU (63) for world coins

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Only you can answer that based on what quality you think they are. If they're like that I would

5. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

Ms 67 only one I have seen sold for 425.00. Ms 66 probably 175-250. Ms65 100-150 and 63s and 64s $40-100. Ballpark figures based on sales histories.

joecoincollect likes this.
  6. baseball21

Whats your cost on them?

7. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I've bought them over the past year for 16-18 a piece.

8. baseball21

So really you just need a few 65s or better and you'll come out ahead it sounds like. At your price point even a 64 could be ahead from the price range you posted

9. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

Pretty much. I have been lucky with my sources and took advantages of the low silver prices. Now I'd have to pay 20-21 if I wanted any.

10. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot for similar prices, laying raw all together. But I'd never imagine they'd be that nice, due to their large size and other variables. You did well!

11. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I have a few of these ungraded. They are stunningly beautiful coins. I've seen them selling anywhere from $20 to $50. Yours is a particularly nice example.

If your other samples are anywhere near as nice as this one, then it sounds like a good idea to slab them.

12. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I have a few picked out to grade at the next long beach expo in early september.

Draft saved Draft deleted