1947 Lincoln Wheat Cent - How many Mint Errors can you find? Appreciate any help identifying...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jay-D, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D New Member

Ok so I found a 47' Wheaty while hunting the other day, (Good day actually, I came across several interesting errors and varieties I think my fellow "numisfanatics" here might find relatively interesting), anyway, besides the Lamination, would this also be a:

Multiple Strike(s) - Based on the huge "UNITED" imprinted vertically on Lincoln's Vest, in addition to a few other Letters on the Obverse?, as well as the large partial date, namely, the "9" on the upper-right side on the Reverse? (Note: Although it may be difficult to see in the photographs attached heretofore, at least one or two other digits appear next to the "9"), and/or;

Broadstrike - Due to the relatively large "stretch" of metal visible on the upper-left of the obverse and the lower-right of the reverse?, and/or;

Brockage - As a result, of the various possible mirror image design impressed on the opposite side of subject coin?

Finally, I greatly appreciate any insight from our experienced and esteemed members as to a proper way to identify the errors present on this cent and whether it is worth possibly having attributed? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

PMD - Post Mint Damage
    Incused and backwards lettering were added after it left the US Mint. Using a workshop vice.

Not Broadsruck nor Brockage. Just altered.

Unfortunately.. Not a mint error of any kind.
    http://www.error-ref.com/squeeze-job-or-vice-job-or-garage-job/

Paddyman.. 34 years mint error collector.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Oldhoopster likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

All I see is a lot of post-mint damage.

Chris

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Damage damage damage damage. Nothing more.

6. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Erf! Keep the enthusiasm though! Next one is out there somewhere.

GSDykes likes this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

8. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Zero mint errors

9. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

You put a lot of work and effort into this thread. Your tenacity and persistence will eventually payoff! icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

GSDykes likes this.
  10. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

No cigar, but great post. I think we all appreciate that you've done your research and show true interest in coins

Islander80-83 likes this.
  11. Jay-D

Jay-D New Member

First, Thank you Paddyman, (U DA paddyMAN!), et al., for your rapid, informative, and always a healthy sprinkle of good-natured humor!

Second, I greatly appreciate everyone's encouragement in the face of ("my") adversity!

Finally, as a wise man once said "I'll Be Back!" haha

Thank You Gentleman!

Mark1971 and Burton Strauss III like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted