1947 Lincoln Wheat Cent - How many Mint Errors can you find? Appreciate any help identifying...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jay-D, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D New Member

Ok so I found a 47' Wheaty while hunting the other day, (Good day actually, I came across several interesting errors and varieties I think my fellow "numisfanatics" here might find relatively interesting), anyway, besides the Lamination, would this also be a:

Multiple Strike(s) - Based on the huge "UNITED" imprinted vertically on Lincoln's Vest, in addition to a few other Letters on the Obverse?, as well as the large partial date, namely, the "9" on the upper-right side on the Reverse? (Note: Although it may be difficult to see in the photographs attached heretofore, at least one or two other digits appear next to the "9"), and/or;

Broadstrike - Due to the relatively large "stretch" of metal visible on the upper-left of the obverse and the lower-right of the reverse?, and/or;

Brockage - As a result, of the various possible mirror image design impressed on the opposite side of subject coin?

Finally, I greatly appreciate any insight from our experienced and esteemed members as to a proper way to identify the errors present on this cent and whether it is worth possibly having attributed? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

PMD - Post Mint Damage
    Incused and backwards lettering were added after it left the US Mint. Using a workshop vice.

Not Broadsruck nor Brockage. Just altered.

Unfortunately.. Not a mint error of any kind.
    http://www.error-ref.com/squeeze-job-or-vice-job-or-garage-job/

Paddyman.. 34 years mint error collector.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Oldhoopster likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

All I see is a lot of post-mint damage.

Chris

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Damage damage damage damage. Nothing more.

6. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Erf! Keep the enthusiasm though! Next one is out there somewhere.

GSDykes likes this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

8. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Zero mint errors

9. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

You put a lot of work and effort into this thread. Your tenacity and persistence will eventually payoff! icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

GSDykes likes this.
  10. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

No cigar, but great post. I think we all appreciate that you've done your research and show true interest in coins

Islander80-83 likes this.
  11. Jay-D

Jay-D New Member

First, Thank you Paddyman, (U DA paddyMAN!), et al., for your rapid, informative, and always a healthy sprinkle of good-natured humor!

Second, I greatly appreciate everyone's encouragement in the face of ("my") adversity!

Finally, as a wise man once said "I'll Be Back!" haha

Thank You Gentleman!

Mark1971 and Burton Strauss III like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted