1947 D rpm?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MrisaW, Nov 4, 2019.

1. MrisaW

MrisaW Member

I found this 1947 D that looks like WRPM-2, 8 or 10. Thoughts?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MrisaW

MrisaW Member

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Looks like a well placed hit

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It looks like die deterioration to me.

Chris

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Circulation wear and tear issue.

7. MrisaW

MrisaW Member

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I saw something different with it being tilted and the outline of the D underneath it. Thanks anyways.

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

The first problem is you do yourself disservice by not showing the entire coin Front/Obverse and Back/Reverse.

Why? because there are other indicators for the 1947 D to help eliminate or focus on particular RPMs. For instance for 001 Stage C there is a die crack on the forehead .. of which, we don't see the forehead. Some are also DDRs.

Second, always, always rotate the coin properly. Otherwise you make people squint. I'd say NO to all of them based on your tilted image. When I rotate it correctly it makes me think more as we're used to looking at coins right side up not tilted.

But here's your D
    of course it is flattened from circulation wear and tear and hits. Maybe die deterioration if it has similar issues in comparison to the date.
    upload_2019-11-4_9-23-14.png
    But I do see an internal D window and probably what you see on the right side and bottom left of the D, like a slight arc.
    Of course, being so early I may be thinking I think I possible see that too because it's out of focus.

from varietyvista
    for 002 - just comparitively, it doesn't fit.
    upload_2019-11-4_9-20-4.png

for 008 - still doesn't look right for the inner window nor the lower left of the D.
    upload_2019-11-4_9-25-24.png

for 010 - doesn't look like it either.

So on that image I'd also say No.

have you looked at all the pictures here, and not just the Mint Mark ??
    http://www.doubleddie.com/1500514.html

but have you considered some of the later ones like 31 (just briefly looked at them).

9. MrisaW

MrisaW Member

I completely agree with 31 and do honestly appreciate your input. I will post other pictures of the WHOLE coin later today when I can. (And will do every time after) thank you again for taking the time to look at this and providing me with honest and in depth info and advice.

10. MrisaW

MrisaW Member

11. MrisaW

MrisaW Member

to anyone still watching this thread i have something new to show you of the same coin of course. yes its a bit grainy but im doing the best i can with what ive got IMG_20191107_064931.png IMG_20191107_064914.png

12. MrisaW

MrisaW Member

I took your advice and posted full images front and back. Also learned how to do a better close up. 24a1fc97eff08d37ffff861effffe41e.jpg IMG_20191107_064931.png

13. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Keep in mind that close ups may not be what the community needs to do a diagnostic. The best thing to do is to mimic photos that are published at the various DD sites; area affected and any established markers. Also, super close shots have a tendency to distort the view, especially when glare and shadows start to come into play. You will note that in an earlier picture, the mm is below the tail of the 9. In the borrowed picture above, the mm is above the tail. In your recent picture above, the photo crops out the date so position of the mm would be unknown without the other photos. I'm not sure if you were drawing an inference here that your coin is the one in the borrowed photo, but it isn't as you can see. The positions are different.

Draft saved Draft deleted