1946 S/D Rarity

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Old Error Guy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Old Error Guy

Old Error Guy Well-Known Member

I have a small variety collection - primarily Lincoln Cents. With a few exceptions (e.g. 1969-S Doubled Die) it is a manageable series.

One coin that continues to elude me is the 1946 S/D in decent condition. It seems like everyone I see is either a dog, overgraded or overpriced - and I don't see many.

There as an ANACS 64 on GC recently, but it must have been a misprint - a terrible coin from the pictures (and I generally find ANACS overly conservative).

Is this coin rarer than I think? e.g. There's not a single one on eBay right now. The last possibly decent looking coin was in a cracked PCI holder and the asking price was outrageous - or, at least, I thought so.

Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

They are definitely rare. Full red GEMs are going to be very pricey compared to other OMMs of the series. You could probably pick up a 63 or 64 RB a decent price though.

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

ANACS overly conservative?

5. Error66

Error66 Member

1946 s/d? Yours if you would like it and if it is the real thing. I can not see well enough to know for certain, nor is my eye trained as well as the learned members of this forum.
    Regards, Error66

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted