1946 penny - What's it worth?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by starfighter, Jan 26, 2005.

1. starfighter

starfighter New Member

I've just started coin collecting recently and found a 1946 Lincoln penny under a baseboard in my house. Does anyone know whether it is worth anything?

Thanks, Starfighter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MorganFred

MorganFred New Member

Probably not unless it's in pristine uncirculated just-off-the-press condition. They minted too many millions or billions to be scarce. There's still hope: where you find one like this, you might find more.

4. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Welcome to the forum, Starfighter :)

Even though this one isn't worth much, keep on looking. You never know what you may find :D

5. OldDan

OldDan 共和党

Something you might like to do is use your search engine and look up the year 1946. See what was happening during the time your new find was being minted. Go to the library and look up United States coins in one of their reference books (like the red book) and find out what you can about your cent. You may be surprised at what you find. Happy Hunting :)

6. Geod

Geod Member

Hi Starfighter

Welcome to the forum

As OldDan suggests, you could reseach the year 1946. I'm sure you will find that was the year I was born. That was a long time ago!

Welcome again and hope you catch the coin collect "BUG"

Geod

7. lawdogct

lawdogct Coin Collector

Welcome!

I'd have fun researching when the flooring was done, and by who. Was it done by a former resident or relative? Did someone famous previously own or stay in your house? It doesn't make the coin worth more than one cent on the market, but adds "value" to it as a keep sake and makes for a fun story as to why the coin is in your collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted