1946-64 Roosevelt dimes ms66

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DysfunctionalVeteran, Jul 26, 2016.

1. DysfunctionalVeteran

DysfunctionalVeteran Oddly enough

Complete set... What's it going for??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

4. DysfunctionalVeteran

Yes

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Seems to me, you would make more money individually.

6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

You buying or selling?

7. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

I see a coin shop with 1946-PDS to 2015-PDS choice BU in a Dansco for $450.00. That is 221 coins total. Knowing that I would say about $25 average cost per coin. Slabbed MS-66 1946-PDS to 1964-PDS. That's my guess. There is maybe 3-4 coins that bust the $50.00 mark. I would suggest upgrading to 67's when feasible. There may also be some hard to find ones slabbed because some years aren't worth that much.

I like Roosevelt dimes. The only coinage without change to design other than composition. Plus, they are reasonably priced for high gem quality coins. Good set to put together.

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

One of, if not the, most important question at this point is slabbed by whom?

9. DysfunctionalVeteran

PCGS or NGC. I don't like ANANCS or ICG

Santinidollar likes this.
  10. Santinidollar

Still can't tell if you are buying or selling.

11. DysfunctionalVeteran

I want to buy

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If that's the case, unless you want to possibly, even likely, end up with average, questionable, or blah, I would suggest putting the set together yourself. Cost-wise it will vary, but doing so will allow you to cut corners here and there if needed while possibly paying up for something special if it catches your eye. Plus the set will be the fruits of your labor instead of someone else's.

13. Santinidollar

A great deal of the hobby is the fun of hunting, finding, negotiating, etc. Your project is very doable. Have fun -- and don't forget to post your acquisitions!:)

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  14. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I would suggest to buy the coin not the slab. If you read through some threads here you'll find that in some of the older holders house some very nice coins and varieties .
    As a Roosevelt collector I'll also suggest to build your set one dime at a time. You'll enjoy it far more then buying a completed set. Plus enjoy the hunt as much as the quarry.

Draft saved Draft deleted