1945S Mercury Dime DDO?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by KelcyLin, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Are you posting for this post, or another?

Robert Ransom likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @KelcyLin. I think you've gotten the answer to your question above, so I'll just add my usual post for new members, in regards to photos.
    For the best results, you should post "in focus," FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and are easily enlarged by clicking on it). Photograph coins on neutral backgrounds like black, grey, or white. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows (you can use https://www.remove.bg for free), and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. While it isn’t always necessary, it is nice to show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

Hookman likes this.
  4. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

The gist of all the comments should let you know that you need to learn quite a bit about coin collecting, and the good people on CT have given you the tools with which you can indeed learn. For the coin shown, if you like it, keep it, no matter the numismatic value, it will be valuable to you. That is what is important in this stage of your coin collecting.

5. Real Slick

Real Slick Active Member

was looking up 1945 dime, and saw your post, it was informative.
    more pictures would be nice. here is one'

Attached Files:

6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

P O S T M I NT D A M A G E.... biggrin.gif

7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I can make one of those.

8. silviosi

silviosi Member

I agree with Collecting Nut, was faster then me. This coin it is aclear good example for this series of DDD.

Draft saved Draft deleted