1945 Winged Liberty/Mercury Dime

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Garlicus, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Considering there were no proofs minted in 1945, I am assuming this is polished. Your thoughts (and opinion on how it was cleaned and polished) are appreciated. image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Polished, yes. How, I don't know, I guess the way that they usually do this. Cloth buffer? What about it do you find so intriguing?

4. Garlicus

I guess I'm just impressed by how clean the coin is, including inside the 9 and 4, and there aren't scratches all over it from the cleaning, unlike my 1921 Peace Dollar, lol.

derkerlegand likes this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sadly, I have a few polished coins like this. I'm not sure how it was done, but they sure look shiny!

6. Garlicus

I received this and a few other well polished Mercs in a lot of 80 that I bought, for a little over spot, plus I got a Dansco album in the deal. It's how I treasure hunt, lol. Worst case scenario when I do this, I have easily recognizable silver.

7. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Probably some silver cleaner , used on sterling flatware and other sterling like candle holders . It has an abrasive in it that polishes whatever used on .

Garlicus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted