1945 wheat penny no mint mark

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by More5FrancCoins, Sep 16, 2023.

1. More5FrancCoins

More5FrancCoins New Member

I had this one for quite awhile in my changes months ago and thought I'd post a few images of it. I don't really own that many wheat pennys however wanted some feedback on this one.

1945 p penny back.png 1945 p penny daylight front .png 1945 penny no mint mark.png

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    Kevin Mader likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A nice circulated one. It’s from the Philadelphia Mint.

4. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

A common Lincoln Wheat Cent (LWC) but always fun to catch in change. See the thread we have for pocket change finds for the next time. Welcome to Coin Talk!

5. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Since you are here on a coin board, let's improve your knowledge a bit.

"No Mintmark" is a useless term except in very rare circumstances. Smacks of sensationalist clickbait videos.

Either there is a mintmark,
    • i.e. coins minted outside of the Philadelphia mint
    There is a P mintmark,
    • Philadelphia coins 5c and above 1980 and newer
    • plus the cent for 2017 to celebrate the 225th anniversary of the Philly mint
    Or there are a very few very rare error coins where the P mintmark was accidentally left off the die. The "no S" proofs are usually called that instead of "no mintmark" to identify the error clearly.

PCGS lists one:

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1982-10c-no-mintmark-strong/5162

A 1945 cent without a mintmark is a perfectly normal Philadelphia product, one of 1,040,515,000 struck.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1945-1c-bn/2732

Kevin Mader likes this.
  6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

By modern standards it’s an error cent because all the modern cents have mint marks. So how much are you asking for it?

7. More5FrancCoins

More5FrancCoins New Member

Honestly, more than 60 USD.

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Somebody is pulling somebody's finger.

1945 Lincoln Penny
    No Mintmark Under Date: Philadelphia Mint Struck the Coin

[​IMG]
    Second largest total from the Philadelphia mint during the wheat series. Again over 1 billion struck, following the record previous year. 1,040,515,000 total.

Ample quantities available, placing: Abundant on a rarity scale. To set a coin apart from the large numbers known requires an added appeal. Many exist in Mint State condition - like new - collectors favor those still bright with no fading of original red color. Circulated coins with very light wear are favored by beginning and young collectors.

Jim

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Draft saved Draft deleted