1945 P 1c Retained Lamination

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Heavymetal, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

AF60F1F1-49DA-46BA-BE46-547A80E1581F.jpeg F926A96B-E254-45A5-B738-3F2178A4C3C4.jpeg Found this puppy CRH a few years ago. I was just lurking CT back then. Been going back through some savers

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I like it.. Laminations of all kinds are found on many wheat cents.

Here are a few from my collection -
    Capture+_2018-09-08-12-56-27.png
    Capture+_2018-09-08-12-56-47.png Capture+_2018-09-08-13-24-35.png 1960DLam.jpg

4. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Same here. You have no idea how many things like this I've found in my collection that I didn't know I had, until I found this forum. I'm constantly going back thru my collection and finding stuff!

5. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I don’t know about you Islander but I wish I wasn’t so eager to return some coins to the wild. Going back through with a new set of eyes brings new joy.

6. buckeye73

buckeye73 Well-Known Member

After having attributed my large cents by Sheldon and Newcomb die varieties and half cents by Cohen die varieties several years ago, I am about two months into attributing other coins by die variety. (During those years as early as 1992, I attributed most half cents and large cents before purchases). Several web sites, including NGC and PCGS sites have made the attribution effort much easier than it would have been a few years ago. These sites reduce or eliminate the need for reference books.

Also, I have checked my Cherrypickers’ Guide for die varieties, as well as varietyvista.com for the better known varieties.

As coins are checked for varieties, I check for the Red Book misstrikes and errors, of which laminations are included. This work has been a real pleasure, particularly based on the finds. After this task is complete, similar work on tokens and world coins will occur. It should be noted that I usually go to my longtime favorite LCS during off hours (since I am retired)and do a shortened version with my cell phone of the above tasks with stock coins for potential purchase. In good conscience and because of a 25 year friendship with the owner and employees I will not accept a discount, or will simply state that the coin is worth more to me (and pay up) if I should come upon a “find”. As a result of this “share the profit” consideration, I frequently get a first look at new stock.

7. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Well, I thought I was the only one going through my coins for a second or third time. I am learning something new almost every day on CT. Then I need to go back and look at them again.

8. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

I read stuff here on the forum all the time and say: Hey wait, I think I've seen something like that somewhere in my collection before. Then I go crazy trying to look for it! :banghead: :hilarious::hilarious:

Inspector43 likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I haven't started to look for them but I have thousands to go through. I'm saving them for my old age. :)

10. Inspector43

Collecting Nut likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Thank you. I'm only 65 and I've been retired two years next month. It's a wonderful feeling but I'm going to grow older before I start going through my growing collection. I did save the web page so again, thank you.

Inspector43 likes this.
  12. Inspector43

After I got into the sorting I found that I had accumulated many duplicates. Throw everything into the jar. I am now making sets for my 19 great grandchildren. See this link if it interests you. https://www.cointalk.com/threads/what-to-do-with-my-accumulation.341614/

13. Collecting Nut

Draft saved Draft deleted