1945 no mint penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by stinamaria, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

You gotta get out more Sweetheart!
    I find them regularly in pocket change.

stinamaria likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stinamaria

stinamaria New Member

Lol you ain’t kiddin - I’ve had a really rough year (from June through end of August my mother was diagnosed terminal and in ICU, she actually got released my daughters birthday but then 3 weeks later we got hit head on by hurricane Irma - the eye went right on top of us. Killed three of my papaya threes and jackfruit tree but my banana mango and fig trees survived thankfully and got a good amount of fruit this year! After Irma hit we went three weeks without water and electricity because I’m on a well pump. Then suddenly my darling Boxers cancer came back after 5 years cancer free. Then my grandmother got diagnosed with cancer and passed in April. Then my boxer lost her battle with cancer July 2nd. Then suddenly my 6 year old cat was behaving odd. I thought he was depressed over losing Lucy because they were so close for a dog and cat. But we ended up having to rush him to the Er at 2am and they found a tumor in his throat. Super rare for a cat his age and no vets ever seen any signs of it overthe years. He passed two weeeks exactly after Lucy did. Four days before my daughters birthday. She lost both her childhood pets.)

Things have finally settled down and I’ve had my time to grieve and mourn my lost loved ones.

What bizarre is a recent study in my area showed a ~30% increase of pediatric cancer where I live compared to the rest of the state. They cannot figure out what but the local children’s hospital has requested research from the state because it seems to be an environmental factor. All I know is all of my grandparents and aunts have had cancer, and I’ve lost my grandma and 2 pets to cancer after a major hurricane - which my grandmother has always been super healthy.

Oh my goodnesss I am so sorry I just went on a huge tangent. I apologize but super long story story; life has been super bad lately and last night my son, husband and I all sat down and looked at coins together excited to find some intriguing coins!

And get this; my husband told me “I have a coin collection in a box somwhere. A lot of coins. I used to collect them when I was younger”

We’ve been together 4 years and I had no idea he had a collection! I know he collects steel books and transformers (don’t get me started at all the trips to find Grimlock lmao) and Disney puns but I didn’t know this about him and it’s just cool ya know?

Idk if anyone will read this but I’m gonna keep it up in case anyone else is having a rough time of it and needs positivity to push on. Finding a relaxing hobby such as this has really impacted me as silly as it may sound. My life has been nothing but chaos and anxiety and fast paced so sitting down, inspecting coins. Looking for minute details etc, teaches you to be patient and pay attention to details.

Okay I’m finally done writing my life story. Again thank you all for all the help and I’m happy to be welcomed to the community so genuinely ❤️

USCoinCollector42 likes this.
  4. stinamaria

stinamaria New Member

The Canadian cent I have is in such terrible condition I couldn’t even tell what it was at first! I believe it says 1982 (I have awful eyes but that’s what it looks like anyhow!) and I agree with you that the Canadian cents are pretty darn cool looking!

My husband said he actually has a collection somewhere that I’m gonna dig for today! If I find anything intriguing I’ll share
    Thank you again for the link!

MontCollector likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

They would be cool to see, if you find them.

Draft saved Draft deleted