1945 DDO

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by PaNT3rA, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

Cheer up. I’m blind in my left eye and I’ve been shot down sooooo many times on this forum I automatically assume I’m wrong before posting to save time.

BUT since between us we have a good set of eyes maybe we should team up. That way we can be wrong together.

Misery LOVES company.

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PaNT3rA

PaNT3rA Active Member

Lol good plan!

4. Nolan Workman

Nolan Workman Well-Known Member

15 years ago, I had a traumatic detachment of the retina in my right eye, so
    I use reading glasses, a large lighted magnifier and two different microscopes..
    with that said, I have 39 coins listed with CudsOnCoins. Just take your time.

5. Guy Ferguson

Guy Ferguson Member

Hi, don't know anything about the USB cameras, I use a high resolution scanner and can do a penny size coin at 9600DPI. Is what I use good enough? Do you have better ideas for me?

6. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@PaNT3rA ...if you bought a common usb microscope (40 bucks or so), then they are 2 megapixel and extreme magnification will be disappointing. Full coin shots are possible, but you have to change the range constantly between wide and close up.

2 key concepts: use 2 lamps at 10 and 2 o'clock around 40 watts each, and make sure the 'scope is stable...absolutely still while taking pix.

Just my 2 cents, please don't give me change...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted