1944 wheat penny error in liberty

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Tschott, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Tschott

Tschott New Member

I’m sorry for the bad picture but let me know if you can’t tell and I’ll try to upload a better one. I didn’t want to take it out of the protective case. The L and I are messed up and almost look like IIB. What are anyone’s thoughts on this?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm sorry! Your photo is too blurry when I enlarge it.

Also, the 2x2 with the mylar window is not all that protective. If you have another 2x2 with staple points that aren't flattened, you might scratch the coin. You're better off putting it in a Saflip.

Chris

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Take the Cent out of the 2x2 and take a better picture. More lighting also.
    It might be damage.

5. Tschott

Tschott New Member

I will when I get home. It’s definitely not damage. The coin is in really good shape but ya I’ll get a better one when I get home from work

6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

remember that a camera sensor needs light.
    Your eye adjusts far better than any camera.
    If your camera doesn't have enough light then it keeps the shutter open longer, which if you are holding the camera or the coin then there will be movement (even if you think you can hold it still, it needs to be totally 1,000% still).
    Then you need to get it to focus on the coin. Put the camera on a box. The coin on a flat surface (with no texture, such as a piece of paper).

So go to a room with light or add light. darkness is good for vampires, not for coins. :)

upload_2019-3-6_12-57-28.png

7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Sorry, but it's not an error. It looks like the L in LIBERTY was hit. Copper is a soft metal and it's not unusual to see damage like this, especially on an older coin.

8. Tschott

Tschott New Member

Attached Files:

9. Tschott

Tschott New Member

Are those better

10. Tschott

Tschott New Member

Attached Files:

11. Tschott

Tschott New Member

Attached Files:

12. cpm9ball

It looks like plain old circulation damage to me.

Chris

13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

+1 on the circulation damage

14. Tschott

Tschott New Member

Thanks for the input. Like I said I’m just going through these to see what I got. I’ve got some more I’ll post pictures of.

15. Tschott

Tschott New Member

this is how I received this collection, I know noobs probably get coins and get on here all the time to see what they are worth and look dumb doing it. I do have a decent collection of my own coins but I don’t know the specific ones people like or that are valuable. I appreciate all your info

Attached Files:

16. cpm9ball

@Tschott

Those staple points are scary!!!!!!

Chris

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I would lay money down that you will find that almost all of those do not turn out to be what they indicate. There is a collector in my area which find 40+ "errors" / "varieties" in a roll of 50 circulated coins. Machine and deteriorated doubling, etc. doesn't seem to be known as much as errors=$$$. Jim

18. Tschott

Tschott New Member

How I got them haha

Draft saved Draft deleted